Saturday, October 29, 2016

Reiki: To Use Symbols or Not Use Symbols

Reiki: To Use Symbols or Not Use Symbols


There is a big debate amongst Reiki Masters; it is better to use Reiki symbols or not to use Reiki symbols. Many Reiki Master choose not to use Reiki Symbols in their practice.  To me, this is fine, to each his/her own.  It’s a matter of personal choose whether or not you use the symbols or not.

Some Reiki Masters don’t even teach their students the symbols.  Mot teaching the Reiki Symbols takes away their choice of whether to use the or not.  I do feel that if you are going to teach other Reiki, you have an obligation to them to teacher them the Reiki symbols that go along with the forms of Reiki you are teaching.

Reasons for Not Using Reiki Symbols


-      Reiki Symbols are too hard to draw
-      Reiki Symbols take time away time for the actual treatment
-      Reiki Symbols don’t add anything to the treatment



While these are all legitimate reasons for not using Reiki symbols, I see thing much differently.  Using Reiki Symbols adds so much to a treatment.  It doesn’t matter how well you can draw the symbols. If you draw the symbols close to what they should be, you will feel the energy.  I am far from being a real artist, and I use and can feel the energy from the symbols.

Reasons for Using Reiki Symbols



Reiki has been around for hundreds of years.  Reiki has been used as a healing practice for hundreds of years.  Many of the ancient Reiki Masters used symbols in their practices.  Reiki symbols have strength to them.  They add power and energy every time that they are used.  The fact that these symbols have been used for hundreds of years gives them great strength and power.  I feel using symbols adds a lot of energy to the treatments.

To any Reiki Practitioner, who is undecided about using Reiki symbols, try it both ways and see what happens.  I have done Reiki with and without using symbols.  When I use the symbols not only do I feel the energy stronger but also so does my client.  My clients feeling the energy stronger when I used Reiki symbols was the deciding factor for me. Of course, the choice to use the Reiki symbols or not is totally up to the Reiki Practitioner.

Content and photos by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie ©2016 all right reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment