Tuesday, December 20, 2016

First Year Participating in National Novel Month

What is National Novel Month?


This year was the first time I participated in National Novel Month.  For those of you who do not know what is National Novel Month, it is a writing challenge.   Writers challenge themselves to write 50,000 words in the month of November.  My niece, Jennifer had done this in previous years, and she wanted someone to do it with her, so I agree to do it.

Up to the Challenge of National Novel Month!


Although I write a lot,  I write articles for a living; I was not sure if I was up to the challenge of National Novel Month.  50, 000 words in one month is not easy.  One of the biggest challenges was coming up with a book that I was going to write.  At the time I had many ideas for novels rolling around in my head.

I am happy to say that I surprised myself during the National Novel Month in many different ways. Yes, I actually did finish the 50, 000 words.  I learned a lot about myself doing this challenge, but that is for another article.  Yes, I will be doing National Novel Month Challenge next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment