Thursday, December 22, 2016

What I learned from Participating in National Novel Month!


What I learned from Participating in National Novel Month!


This was the first year I participated in  Nation Novel Month.  I had a lot of fun and enjoyed every moment if it.  I learned many different things about writing and myself by participating in  Nation Novel Month.

Preparation is Import!


I did not prepare at all for Nation Novel Month.  I am the type of person that just goes with the flow.  I was asked to participate in  Nation Novel Month by my niece.  I didn't do any prep for it at all.  Next year I will have at least notes prepared if I don't have some outline.


Do Not Try to Write a Book that Needs Research!


The book I decided to work on needed a lot of research to be written.  I have learned that if you are participating in  Nation Novel Month, this is not going to work.  A book that requires a lot of research is not a good idea to use while participating in  Nation Novel Month.

Surprise!


I surprised myself by participating in  Nation Novel Month.  I did not think that I could write 50,000 words in one month.  But, I did write the 50,000 words.  I learned that if I put my mind to it, I could do it.


Need to Fallow a Dream!


The most import thing I learned from participating in  Nation Novel Month is that somewhere along the way I stopped following my real dream.  For the past ten years, I have been blogging.  While I enjoy blogging very much, my real dream got lost. 

I am a writer and I will always be.  Writing is in my soul, and there is no getting away from that.  But while participating in  Nation Novel Month, I discovered that my real dream is and has always been to write novels.

In the past ten years, I have had many different ideas for novels.  Some of which I had started but I never did much with any of them.  I have over the past ten years went back and forth with whether or not to count writing online or not.  I still have not deiced, if I am going to totally stop blogging, or not.

What I do know!


I know that in the past ten years of blogging and writing online, I have not made that much money.  I have not made enough money to live off in those ten years of working online.  I  have also learned that I am not a sells person.  I was never good at sales.  I refuse to talk someone into something that they do not want.  Therefore, I am not good at affiliate marketing.

The Real Dream!


The real dream from me ever since I was a child has been to be a novelist.  I have learned a lot from writing online, and I am grateful for all that I have learned.   I believe in my heart that I am ready for the next step.  That next step in my real dream.  It's time to look over all of my notes and start working on a novel.  That is my plan for 2017.  I plan on putting way much more time into writing a novel than into blogging.  So, if you don't see me around much you know, why.  In 2017 I plan on truly following my childhood dream. 


National Novel month photo from http://nanowrimo.org/
Content and other photos by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie ©2016 all right reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment