Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Are You Too Hard on Yourself When it Comes to Writing?



Are You Too Hard on Yourself When it Comes to Writing?


Are you too hard on yourself when it comes to writing? Do you put undue pressure on yourself when it comes to your writing? Do you expect too much from your blogs in a short amount of time? Do you really know what it takes to get a blog going?

 Do you expect too much from your blogs in a short amount of time?



Many bloggers do not do enough research when they start blogging. They jump into blogging with two feet and little knowledge. They see ads that say you can become rich blogging and they see dollars signs. Blogging is not a get rich quick thing. It takes a lot of time and effort to make any money blogging.

Most people want to see the results instantly. That is not going to happen when you are a blogger. It takes a lot of time and effort just to get a blog going. You have to know your audience. And you have to know how and where to promote your blog.

Do you know what it takes to get a blog going?


  Most people jump into blogging thinking that they will write a few articles and make big bucks fast. Making money right away could not be further from the truth. Writing article is only a tiny percentage of what it takes to make money from a blog.

You have to find the right affiliate programs to go with your blog. Finding the right affiliate programs may take some looking into as there are many affiliate programs out there to choose from. You may have to try a few to find out which ones are right for your blog.

The biggest part of blogging is the promotion. You must know how and where to promote your blog. Knowing how and where to promote your blog can take some practice as a blog many do well in some areas but not in others. It is a trial-and-error process for most bloggers.



Although, you may get lucky and make a good profit off of your blog right away. Making any money is highly unlikely and only happens to a handful of bloggers. Most bloggers have to work long and hard to build up a following before they see any profit from their blog.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved


6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I've been blogging for almost 10 years now and haven't earned a dime . And it took me a long time to understanding that audience engagement is key to successful blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very promising when I hear this from so many bloggers. Because, when I first started I was hoping to make money from my blogs.

      Delete
  2. I agree as well. I have been blogging for about ten years and I have earned absolutely nothing. Thanks to my blogging challenges, I have learned how to advertise my blogs, but I don't understand affiliate programs. Hence, my blog is still a hobby. It is a much better read hobby than it used to be, but a hobby it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea about affiliate programs myself. I have tried many but they never seem to work for me.

      Delete
  3. Working on a blog plan or having an idea to write about helps a great deal.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete