Sunday, January 29, 2017

Did I Expect Too Much, Too Soon?

Did I expect too much, too soon?  Blogging takes time.  It takes time to build a following.  It takes time to know just what type of ads you should place on your blog.  You have to learn many new things that you did not even think about before you started blogging.

I have done a lot of research on blogging and how to make my blog better.  I have only really been blogging for a year.  If,  you count that I had to start all over again because of a tech problem.  I have only been blogging for a little over six months.


One of the most important things you need when you are blogging is content.  You need to have lots of content on your blog.  Yes, you could pay writers to build up you content, if you would like.  But, I am a writer.  My blogs are all very personal to me.  I write all of the content on my blogs myself.

I have met many bloggers, who have been blogging for years and have not made a dime off of their blogs.  They keep blogging because they are writers who love to write.  That is me.  I am not the best at marketing.  Although, I have taken many courses in marketing and read many articles about it.  But, I am not a good salesman.  I will not push anyone into something that they do not want.  I learned that when I was young.  I did telemarketing for years.  Not the line of work I should have gotten into.



I was hoping to make money from my blogs right away.  I thought, that if I placed ads on my blogs, that was all I would need,  somehow the money would come but, that wasn't true.  With anything, there is more than one way of doing things. I am determined to make a living with my blogs.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  And, I will find a way that suits me.   I will continue to build up my content for now.

It takes times to build a blog.  I wanted a lot from my blogs way too soon. I expected, to get more out of them than they could give.  I guess I have read way too many get rich articles about bloggers.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved


14 comments:

  1. Consistency is where it's at - you can do it, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 6 years that I have been blogging, I have only been paid from the Google Adsense twice. It's blogs with massive followings who usually earn the big bucks from their ad spaces. Writing a sponsored reviews is a good way to earn money while blogging but only if you truly believe in the product you are reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would only be able to write reviews for products that I truly believed in. Thanks for letting me know about the sponsored reviews.

      Delete
  3. You will find a way - remember,"overnight successes" rarely are overnight. A lot of hard work precedes that success. For myself, I do not blog to make money, and that has never been my goal. But that is just me. I never say never - I may have to make money via my blog one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Review or writing blog ad posts seem to be the way to make money with blogs unless you can get hug followings

      Delete
  4. Well I've had my blog for 2 years and I still haven't figured out how Adsense works. I see the ads on admin but they don't show up otherwise. I need to figure out the codes or what I'm to do next. I are doing great with your blog Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Views wise yes the blog is doing very well and I am happy with it.

      Delete
  5. Brenda, agree with the work needed to make money out of it..
    I have had my blog for years now already (my first post went live in 2010) and I have not made any money out of it (if you exclude a few books or products I received for reviews; no actual cash made at any time!).. but as you say, I blog simply because... and I have a lot to do towards marketing if that be my goal.. so until then, I plan to continue as I am..and enjoy it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well keep it up! I can certainly relate to the determination. I am determined eventually to make money selling my art, so far, I've made a little money on art sales, but not enough to offset what I've spent on materials. I have made money from my art in other ways though, for example, by teaching painting classes, but some day, I hope to sell enough paintings to earn a profit. Meanwhile, I paint because I love, just as you write because you love to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I write too for love of writing and have no clue abt how to reduce revenue from my blog. Its a fun thing for me to do and I hope to enjoy for long.
    I wish you all the best for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very, I wish you the best with your as well.

      Delete