Saturday, January 28, 2017

Know When to Rest



People tend to put their heart and soul in everything that they do.   I am no different.  I am a writer.  That is all I ever dreamed of doing. But, writing many hours a day every day it not easy.  There are times when you need to walk away and get some rest.


When writing is a part of you soul, it's not easy to stop doing it.  Life is not all about writing.  All writer need to know themselves well.  They need to know when it's time to rest.

You have to give your mind a break from writing so it can recharge.  Good ideas don't come easy for everyone.  Some writers push themselves too hard.  They write for days on end not taking a break or getting away.  When a writer does this, they can develop burnout.


Know when you need to rest.  Know when you need to walk away and recharge.  I love to read, watch movies or T.V., go for walks, and spend time with my family.  These are all good ways to rest.  They can also be wonderful ways to find new inspiration for what to write next.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved


12 comments:

  1. I think I rest more often than write. I need to be more disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, you need to come up with some type of plan for your blog. Where you are writing so many days a week.

      Delete
  2. I'm easily distracted and it takes me way too long to finish my blog posts. Still, I am happy with it. I just wish that it paid me in money, instead of just happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, many of us wish that it would pay ud in monrey instead of happiness, Alice.

      Delete
  3. When I was much younger, I loved to write! However, after leaving education and having a family I pretty much stopped writing. Now it is such a strain for me to come up with even a few sentences.

    I find it interesting that you do ghostwriting. I'd have a hard time myself doing the work for someone else to get the credit.

    Thanks for your tips and yes, it is very important to know when to rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a family can take us away from writing. I am sure if you get back into a routine with your writing it will become easier.

      Delete
  4. I hit road blocks at times and my brain starts thinking every which way. I know it's time to sit back and take a break and do something else. If I haven't written a blog that night, I usually wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea! Just needed to take a break from thinking and then it comes back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that the more I write the more ideas comes to me. I will tend to work until, I can't anymore. But, over the past few months I have realized that when I need to take a break.

      Delete
  5. yes, totally agree Brenda.. there are times when I am just too exhausted every which way..and taking a step back does help.. but again, like Alice commented, I do tend to get distracted too many a time while writing a post (either because it reminded me of something else, or researching for the post itself!) and end up spending much longer writing a post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been many times when I have felt that it was taking me way too long to write a post. Research does take time.

      Delete
  6. Ironic that the dateline is Saturday...there's a reason why the Bible said "The seventh day is the Sabbath." I don't know how particular God is about everyone resting on the same day, but it's *in the Ten Commandments* that all humans (and working animals) need and deserve one day out of seven as a break. (And history shows that humans are hard-wired to react to seven days as a key number.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. seven is a very strong and powerful number. It is used in the Bible many times. It just so happens to be my soul number.

    ReplyDelete