Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Making it Through the Winter Blues

Making it Through the Winter Blues


Wintertime is hard for most people.  There is less time to be outside.  The cold weather can cause many different problems that one needs to overcome.  Many people find this time of year very depressing. Making it through the winter blues is not always easy.

Writing Through the Winter Blues



I have always felt blessed to have a love of writing.  Writing has always been a type of therapy for me throughout the whole life. When a was younger, I wrote poetry all the times.  Poetry is a great way to release emotions.

I still write as a way of therapy.  Writing in any form has always helped me.  Writing is a blessing to me.  Writing has helped me to understand myself better.  It has helped to share my knowledge with other.  Writing has been one of the ways I help myself get over the winter blues.

Listen to Music to Help With the Winter Blues

                                        B.B. King and Eric Clapton Riding with the King
                                        From YouTube posted by RuiLourenço 


Everyone loves music of some type. Listening to your favorite band or favorite song can be a great pick me up.  You can dance and sing along with the music, this will but you in a better mood.

Friends Will Help Take Away the Winter Blue


Sometimes being alone is not the best thing when you are down.   Talking to your friends can cheer you up.  Or going out for tea or lunch.
Spending time with other can lift your spirits.  Just be careful whom you chose to spend your time with.  Some people can be very draining and depressing, not the type of people you want to be around when you are trying to be over the winter blues.

photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved


10 comments:

  1. This is some pretty good advise to chase wintery blues away. I love writing too and have started practicing a set routine for the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some awesome tips for chasing away the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write through a lot of my blues, too! I journal most days, and I am also working on a book...and of course I have my blog. I definitely need to be around other humans...I find myself too easily caught up in hanging around my house, and often have to force myself to put myself out there. Once I do I see how it lifts me to be around others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writers are often loners and have to bush themselves to be around others.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the help in thinking about ways to beat the winter blues. I definitely struggle during these cold and dark winter months. I'm going to try listening to more music. Doing that right now! Thanks for the helpful insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is a big help to me. I do not drive and I am often confined to my home in the winter months.

      Delete
  5. I use the writing as a therapy also Brenda! Not just for the winter blues but when I'm down for some reason, I love to write about my grandchildren because they always bring a smile to my heart. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing has been therapy for me through out my whole life and I am sure it will continue to be.

      Delete