Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What I have Learned From the Ulitmate Blog Challenge!

What I have Learned From the Ulitmate Blog Challenge!


Here it is the last day of January already.  I can't believe how quickly this month has passed.  I have enjoyed doing the Ulitmate Blog Challenge.  I have learned so much, and I have made many new friends from doing the Ulitmate Blog Challenge.  What have I learned from doing the Ultimate Blog Challenge?  I will tell you.

I learned Blogging Isn't About Money



I have learned that if you are thinking about getting into blogging for the money you should forget all about it and try something else.  According to a survey that was done on 1500 blogger only 13% of them made any money at all from their blogs and most of them made less than $100 a month.

I learned that I should Change My Blogs


I learned that if I want to make money from my blogs I need to make many changes to my blogs.  One,  I need to make it easier for people to follow my blogs.  Two, I should think about starting a newsletter of some sort. Three, I should rethink the advertisers that are on my blogs.

I Learned That I Need More Content On My Blogs

None of my blogs have been around for that long.  I have only been blogging for about a year.  I tend to blog when the feeling hits me. Doing that blogging challenge has shown me just how important it is to post something every day.

Now, I have four different blogs, and it is hard enough to keep up with one blog.  I have discovered that this blog and my review blog are the ones that I should be giving priority to if I even plan on making any money with my blogs.

I Learned That I Should Have a Plan For My Blogs



I learned that you should have some sort of plan for your blog.  You need to know a little about SEO writing.  You should try and plan your articles using SEO articles.

I have learned quite a bit from doing the Ultimate Blog Challenge.  It had made me look at blogging in a totally different light.  I have a lot to think about after doing the challenge.  The biggest questions are will I still be blogging?  Why will I be blogging?  And, who will I be blogging for?   I will just have to think about it and see what happens.


photos and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved

20 comments:

  1. Blogs evolve all the time. What you start out with isn't necessarily what you will end up with. There is always new stuff to learn or even relearn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true seems like changes come very quickly these days.

      Delete
  2. lots to learn for me too still, Brenda.. and the journey is fun so I hope I will continue.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and finding new blogs like yours made this challenge fun.. mentioned your blog today

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. I just got $108 after 2 years, not even enough to pay for the platform. However, I have learned a lot and known so many that it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say all of the wonderful people that I have met blogging makes it worth it.

      Delete
  5. All the points are important to have a regular reasdership. It also encourages one's writings and improves content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog(s) will grow and evolve. Nothing wrong with that! And one day, you may return to trying to make money. You'll be presenting a seasoned, experience blog. I hope you keep blogging. It's worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can give it up. Writing is a part of my soul and I love it so. I may take some time away from it but, I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

      Delete
  7. I've learned a lot too, and I've found that planning posts with a brief outline or bubble chart really can help to nail down the key concepts, keep posts more brief, and figure out what key words relate to the key concepts, so you can make sure to add them to the post and to your metadata. As for adds, at this time I only advertise my own businesses on my blogs, but I may change that it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I have had a hard time getting down the whole SEO for the past ten years. Even when I was ghostwriting. I must have been doing something right though. I have discovered that posting daily even if it is a short post does make a huge difference.

      Delete
  8. Just one well maintained blog can easily become a "job." It's hard to support even that graphics-free shadow site I want, and do intend, to maintain...some day, when I find the time, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is this is the blog I started for myself. I did plan on this one turning out like this and after only a couple of months this blog is doing better than than my other three that have been around for six months.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on completing your first Ultimate Blog Challenge! Looks like you learned quite a bit and now it's time to decide your next venture. Will you keep all your blogs, will you pool a few together, will be start monetizing? So many questions but you will do fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank because I never thought of pulling them together. I did have a lot of fun doing the challenge and I am glad, that I did it.

      Delete
  10. Great learnings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The #UltimateBlogChallenge has been an amazing journey. It's nice to meet new people and learn new things. Keep on going and you'll accomplish your goals.

    ReplyDelete