Monday, March 20, 2017

My Little Brown Wolf

I often called Leelee my little brown wolf.  One of my animal spirits is a wolf.  Since Leelee's passing, I have been dreaming of a wolf.

  These photos were taking the first day we got Leelee the Contented Dachshund.


Leelee My Little Brown Wolf

Wolves are pack animals.  Wolves are very protective of their pack.  Although Leelee was a little dog, she was a big wolf in a little dog's body.   She was very protective of my family.

                                              Leelee guarding the mailbox

Leelee Had the Heart of a Wolf



Back in May, the vet told me Leelee had cancer.  After doing tests on Leelee, they told me there wasn't anything they could really do to help Leelee. Most little dogs that have cancer only last a couple months, at the most.  Leelee was a fighter and didn't want to leave her happy home.  Leelee somehow made it ten months.  Leelee fought it until she just couldn't fight anymore.

The last two month of Leelee's life were the biggest battle.  She did not suffer.  According to the vet, Leelee was not in pain.  She was taking meds to help her. But, she needed lots of care. I made a promise to Leelee when I adopted her, that I would take care of her until the end.  That is what I did.

Leelee Died an Honorable Wolf Death

Leelee died an honorable wolf death.  They say death comes with the full moon.  So I know with the full moon in March Leelee would be leaving us.  I just did not realize it would be the first day of the full moon.

                                   Leelee still making me laugh, even at the end

Leelee the contented dachshund left this world on Saturday, March 11th at 10:15.  She was laying on me.  She looked up at me with a big smile on her face.  It was almost like she was saying thank-you, I love you but, I have to say good-bye. 

Leelee fought a great fight, even the vet had no idea how she made it as long as she did. Leelee's light went out because there just was no more wax to burn.  The last two weeks of her life she lived on pure love.  Leelee the contented dachshund will be greatly missed.

To read more about Leelee the Contented Dashchund check out my blog The Contented Dachshund.

photo and content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment