Thursday, April 20, 2017

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Became a Blogger

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Became a Blogger



1. Bloggers Have to Use Social Media
2. Bloggers Need to Join Blogging Groups
3. Bloggers Need to Find a Brand That Works
4. Bloggers Have to Know Affiliate Marketing
5. Most Blogger Never Make Money


Bloggers Have to Use Social Media


Believe it or not, when I first started blogging, I did not want to join any social media sites. It took a lot for me to join.  The first site I joined was Facebook.  After some time I did get into the social media sites.  I do have accounts for the major ones.

After, I few months of blogging, I realized that you should have a personal account and an account for your blogging.  It was recommended to me by a long time blogger friend of mine.  It is just a good idea to keep your personal and business apart.  Yes, you have to look at blogging as a business, even if you are not making money blogging.

Bloggers Need to Join Blogging Groups


Bloggers need to join blogging groups.  There are many reasons why as a blogger you should join blogging groups.  The number one reason is that by joining blogging groups, you will learn so much.  You will make many new friends. Many of these bloggers will follow your blogs, and you will follow theirs.

Bloggers Need to Find a Brand That Works 


It took me many tries to get my blogs right.  I have started over many times.  I have also blogged under different names.  Everything came together when I started using the name Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie. Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie is the name I use on all my blogs.  You have to find a brand that is going to work for you.

Bloggers Have to Know Affiliate Marketing


If you are hoping to make money with your blogs, you have to know affiliate marketing.  For me,  affiliate marketing is the hardest part of blogging.  I am not one to push people into buying something that they do not wish to buy.

The most efficient way to make money with your blogs is affiliate marketing.  There are many books and classes that you can use to help you understand affiliate marketing.  Affiliate marketing is still a work in progress for me.

Most Bloggers Never Make Money


The sad truth about blogging is that most bloggers never make any money blogging!  So, why do people keep blogging, if they know there is little to no money in it?  Many bloggers enjoy writing and sharing what they write with friends.  They are happy if they make a little money from their blogs.

Why do I keep blogging when I know there is little to no money in it?  Well, I have thought about quitting blogging many times. Yes, I have started over many times.  So, why do I continue to blog?  The answer is simple; I love to write.  Writing is a part of my soul.  I love to share my wisdom with others.  I will continue to blog on and off for the rest of my life.


I have learned many things since I first started blogging.  If, I knew then what I know now, would I have even started blogging in the first place? The answer is yes.  The reason is that my dream is to make a living writing and I will never give up on that dream.

Do I think it is possible to make a living blogging? Well, anything is possible.  These days it is tough to make a living blogging, but many still try.  I blog because writing is a part of my soul.  Enjoy the knowledge that is shared.

content by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie  ©2017 all right reserved

photos from pixabay.com
https://pixabay.com/en/newsletter-know-question-news-2123477/
https://pixabay.com/en/tree-structure-networks-internet-200795/
https://pixabay.com/en/social-media-word-cloud-marketing-423857/
https://pixabay.com/en/digital-marketing-internet-marketing-1944491/
https://pixabay.com/en/no-money-poor-money-no-crisis-2070384/

2 comments:

  1. When I began I was making money but the flip flop of sites makes it harder for the newer people like me, yes I said new although its been a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. When I first started you could make money but now it is getting harder and harder to make anything.

      Delete