Monday, May 8, 2017

Work, Work, Work, and No Pay

                                                           photo from pixabay.com

I have not had time to post on my blogs the last few days because I have been writing a few other places.  I have done much work for a couple of them over the late few months, and I still have not been paid for it.

One company has not paid me at all.  I have been writing for them for three months, and I have not been paid,  once. I have emailed them a  few times and if they do not get back to me soon.  I will be doing a post about them warning all writers to stay away from them.

The other company I have been with since February.  They paid me five dollars, and they own me $50.  I have emailed them as well.  I will have to wait and see what happens.
                                           photo by Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie

Not being paid is something that every writer has to deal with at one point or another.  However, I have gone through this many, many time.  It is one of the reasons I stopped working with clients. I am telling you if I do not get paid from these places I am done.  I will work on m.y blogs and my books.  I will also write negative articles about the companies that have not paid me, so all of my writing friends do not sign up with these places and go through what I am going through.

I do plan on giving them time it fix the issues.  I do realize that mistakes can be made, but they need to be fixed.  Like I said, this is not the first time I have gone through not being paid by a company that was thought to be a great company for writers to work.  I will give them until the end of the week, to at least get back to me.

Thanks for reading.  It is just frustrating when you have to chance down places to get your money.  I am really thinking about not writing for anyone else anymore.   I will just do my blogs and work on my books. I have gone through this one too many times. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Brenda. I do hope you get paid. It's not fair to do all the work and spending your time writing for these places and not get paid. I choose to only work on my own blogs for now, not that it is working out any better money wise. But, at least I'm in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I know many writers who have choosen to just work on their own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sad. I hope you get paid soon. I know many other writers go through this and I sympathize with them. I do work hard, too, but for my own blogs so I have only myself to blame for the meager earnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many writers have gone through this including myself in the past.

      Delete