Monday, June 26, 2017

In Search of What Inspired Me to Write!

In Search of What Inspired Me to Write!


Over the last few weeks, I have been recapturing what inspired me to write when I was a child.  I have been searching out many different things that I loved as a child but did not hang onto in my adult years.

I have been watching movies that I have not seen in years.  I have been listening to music and rediscovering things that I loved as a child.  Things that somehow slipped out of my life but were never fully forgotten.

Why Am I In Search For What Inspired Me as a Child?


I once was told, that the best writing comes from the child within and that is what I am trying to rediscover.  I have once again started working on my novel that is a fiction story.  Much of what I loved as a child is wrapped up in the draft of my novel.

Rediscovering some of these things have been very inspiring. So, inspiring that blogging has taken a backburner to me working on my novel.  That was one of my goals for this year to work on my novels more.

One other thing that I have been doing a lot of is reading.  While the likelihood of me stopping blogging is very low, I have not posted anywhere near what I have in the past.

I have found a lot of joy and happiness in doing all of this research for lack of better wording.  It has given me a new found surge of energy and excitement for writing.

Have you ever tried to rediscover something that you enjoyed from your childhood?

Photos and content by  Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie   ©2017 all right reserved




4 comments:

  1. Rediscovering is an excellent idea - this week I am rediscovering bike riding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful about the energy and renewed excitement about writing. I am trying to reclaim the wonderful parts of country living from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete