Monday, July 3, 2017

Golden Slumbers for Leelee



Back in March, I lost my beloved the rescue dachshund, Leelee the Contented Dachshund.  I had Leelee for almost six and half years.  She was a deeply loved family pet.

In May of 2016, the vet told me that Leelee had cancer and there was nothing that could be done for her.  Most dogs do not make it three months.  Leelee was a fighter.


I noticed that in late January of this year she saw slowly getting worse.  As I said, Leelee was a fighter.  I made a promise to this little dog that I would take care of her until the very end.

There were many times when I did not think Leelee was going to make it, but somehow she pulled through.  I know her time was running out when the cancer made it's way to her legs, and she could no longer walk.


On March 10th, I know my strong spirited little wolf's fight was coming to an end.  I had her on my lap and sang to her.  She had a huge smile on her face.


Leelee, the Contented Dachshund, Left this world on March 11th.  She was laying on me and had a huge smile on her face.  Leelee was a one of a kind dog, and I will always miss her.  She has become part of my soul.



               Spoiled Little Dachshund I love You



Spoiled little dachshund I love you.
From the moment I saw you, my love was true.
You have brought great joy right from the start.
You have become a big part of my heart.

The six years that we have been together flew by
Like the biggest eagles in the sky.
I do not know what I will do when you are no longer by my side.
To have rescued you bring me great pride.
I know that everything that lives must someday die.


When I found out your true age, I know our time was even more limited.  I could not bare to hear that cancer had taken over you and there is nothing that anyone can do. 

I thank God for every day that he lets you stay.
Even though,  I know that the end is near.
I still pray that God lets you stay just a little longer.

The pain that you are in, you hide because you have wolf pride.
When the end does come to you my sweet friend, know that I will be by your side.  It will be hard for me to let you go but, I will know, that it will be the best thing for you to be by God's side.

So, I will cherish every moment I have with you up until the very end.
And, I will thank God for every day that we got to spend together, forever.
You will be indeed the little angel I always said that you were.
                                

          Poem by Brenda Mare for Leelee


No comments:

Post a Comment